Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In Her Shoes

In making the rounds to my favorite blogs, I noticed Jennifer Weiner's comments about the movie adaptation of her novel, IN HER SHOES. It bombed at the box office. Pity, because although I haven't read the book, I did see the movie with some girlfriends when it came out and we loved it!

I think the poor box-office turn out can be attributed to the movie-going crowd these days. It's usually kids and teenagers looking to make an outing of it---get out of the house, away from their parents, etc. Young adults and older people are more apt to wait for the DVD, sit home with TiVo, order from Netflix, etc. And I suppose there are still folks who go out to Blockbuster since they are still in business. ;-) Furthermore---let's not forget the bootlegs. It's big, big business. Huge ramification on the industry, I'm sure.

Well, I plan to get the DVD because "In Her Shoes" was an excellent movie. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and welcomed. (Moderated for spam)